6 Popular Styles and Trends for Your Kitchen CabinetsMay 16, 2023
Kitchen cabinets are the most important part of your kitchen. They’re also a trend that has existed for centuries, with new styles and materials appearing yearly. In this post, we’ll take a look at some common cabinet styles and trends to help you choose the right one for your home. There are many different cabinet styles to choose from, each with its unique look and feel. Here are some of the most popular:
- Flat-Panel Cabinets – Consider a sleek modern kitchen as an example. The cabinet door in this design is made from a solitary, smooth piece of MDF. This cabinet type is offered in several finishes and can be made with or without handles. PolytecVenette is a fantastic option if you decide against handles or a darker colour scheme because it does not show fingerprints. Flat panel cabinets work well in various kitchen design types, including traditional, contemporary, industrial, luxurious, coastal, and minimalist.
- Painted Cabinets – A custom colour can be chosen for painted cabinets, making them a high-end luxury style of cabinetry that will go with any kitchen design you choose. It usually involves a contoured cabinet door and allows for total kitchen customisation. Kitchen design styles that incorporate painted cabinetry most typically include French Provincial, Country, Farmhouse and Hamptons-style kitchens. It typically takes a painted finish to complete the unique pieces if your design includes specific design elements like a chimney breast. Still, trying to decide which cabinet colour you prefer? Check out this blog to learn more.
- Profiled Cabinets – One of the most popular cabinet door designs is profiled or shaker-type cabinetry because it never goes out of style and complements a variety of kitchen layouts wonderfully. Even though so many various profile styles are available, most people often equate profiled cabinets with a kitchen in the Hamptons style home.
- Glass-Fronted Doors – In terms of kitchen design, glass-fronted cabinets are once trendier. They provide your kitchen design with a distinctive style and give homeowners countless opportunities to design the look and feel of their kitchen by displaying well-chosen kitchenware bowls, plates, glasses, and vases. Glass-fronted cabinets have historically been mostly utilised in Country and Hamptons-style kitchens. However, usage of this design in other kitchen types has recently increased. Modern kitchens with retro, mid-century, and more eclectic design elements are increasingly using glass-fronted cabinets as a feature.
- Feature Shelving – Using feature shelving as a visual focal point in your overall design is a great way to use the wall space in your kitchen. Open shelves, minimalist floating, or boxed-type shelves are all options. Modern kitchens increasingly opt for open shelving to produce a more distinctive look. It may be used to make asymmetrical designs and has begun to replace overhead cabinetry in many designs.
- Raised-panel Doors – this cabinet style has an arched top edge that creates a visual separation between the door itself and its frame (or surrounding trim). This style was popularised in Victorian homes during the late 1800s through the early 1900s and remains popular today because it adds character to any kitchen design without being too fussy–plus, it’s easy to install
If you’re looking for high-quality custom kitchen cabinets in Melbourne, look no further than Antoniou Cabinets. Our expert craftsmen will work with you to create a unique and functional kitchen you’ll love for years. Start designing your dream kitchen today.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO